nav-left cat-right
cat-right

ecoMomical Me Transaction Calculator

ecoMomical Me store transaction calculator

Many of you have been asking me for some time now how I organized my store transactions when I started “Extreme Couponing.” Well I have finally uploaded the Excel spreadsheet called the¬†Transaction Calculator that I used.

• Enter detailed information for each product:
    • Store Promos such as BOGOs
    • Manufacturer Coupons
    • Double or Triple Coupon calculations
    • Store Coupons
    • Catalinas
    • Rebates
  • Calculate total Out of Pocket Expenses.
  • Calculate the cost per item.
  • Calculate the % of Savings per transaction.

Here are some directions:

• All areas in light orange are editable fields.
  • You can simple copy & paste the Total column into the following rows.
  • To calculate % of store savings add the total Catalina + Rebate offers to your receipts total savings amount and enter in the Store Savings field.
  • COST is the final cost of the transaction after all discounts including Catalinas & Rebates.

When I started “Extreme Couponing”, I would complete and print this worksheet, then gather all the coupons needed and take it all with me to the store and it made it much easier to checkout! I have put in an example transaction that I actually did last week at Meijer, see the receipt below. (For some reason I got and additional $0.50 coupon added to the receipt so I just entered it in the Store Coupon column on the Iams dog food row.)

Meijer Receipt

468 ad

7 Responses to “ecoMomical Me Transaction Calculator”

1. Amy says:

This is a great way to organize!!! Thanks so much! I am trying to change the sales tax rate and it won’t allow me to without a password. Is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks so much.

• admin says:

It is locked… I will have to see if I can fix that sell. It has been awhile since I created that worksheet. I will see what I can do.

• admin says:

Actually the tax cell should be unlocked and you simply enter the amount of tax that you anticipate. It is not possible to have the spreadsheet determine which items are taxable and which are not, plus with various tax rates, I just left the tax cell open to key in the amount you expected based on the transactions listed on your spreadsheet. Let me know if you have any more questions.

2. Pam says:

Ok, I have never been a good couponer but I really need to try again, but what is a Catalina

• admin says:

A Catalina is a coupon that you receive at checkout, it usually prints out with your receipt. Say you get $1.00 off your next purchase when you purchase 3 Stoneyfield products, this coupon will print out after checkout and you can use it on your next purchase that is a catalina.

3. Rachael says:

I am looking at this template in the download section but I can not see how to download the template.
    Thankyou,
    Rachael

• admin says:

You will need to click on the bold face words Transaction Calculator in the first paragraph. You can left click to open it and save it or right click it and select save as and save to your computer.