Posted by admin
on Oct 20, 2011 | 2 comments
I have been canning away the past several weeks and one hazard of that is… fruit flies! So I began my search for a quick and easy solution for taking care of these pesky critters. I was amazed to find this homemade solution that worked extremely well!
- Just take a scrap of paper (here you can see I used an old envelope), roll the paper into a cone shape. Leave a very small hole at the the end of the cone for the fruit flies to crawl threw, but not to big that they will be able to fly out!
- Put some fruit scraps or something sweet in a jar.
- Place the small end of the cone inside the jar.
- Seal the paper to the jar, so the fruit flies can not escape.
- Your done! Wait for the little critters to fall into the trap and then take outside and release!
In less than an hour I had fruit flies in my jar! I have been using this method for the past several weeks and it has worked beautifully!
You can find the homemade fruit fly trap on my Canning Recipes – Home Food Preservation board on Pinterest! Come follow me on pinterest?