Posted by admin
on Sep 25, 2012 | 2 comments
Concord Grape Jam
5 lbs Concord Grapes (10 cups)
3 cups sugar
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash and peel grapes, keep skins separate from pulp.
- Place grape pulp in a saucepan and cook over medium low heat for about 15 minutes. Occasionally mash with a potato masher to help break down pulp.
- Remove pulp from heat and press through a food mill or strainer to remove grape seeds.
- Boil grape pulp, skins, lemon juice & sugar over medium heat. Stir frequently and cook for 45 – 60 minutes or until you reach the desired thickness.
- To test jam place a plate or spoon in the freezer, prior to starting jam, remove from freezer and place a small amount of jam on plate or spoon. The jam should not run when you try to move the plate or spoon.
- Remove jam from heat, fill and process jars according to National Center for Home & Food Preservation guidelines.
This recipe yields about 6-7 cups, or 6-7 1/2 pint jars or 3 pints.
Try this recipe and let us know what you think in the comments below. Do you have any favorite recipes you’d like to share? We’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
Want more frugal recipes? Visit the ecoMomical Me Recipe page for a listing of all our recipes!